Thursday, May 20, 2010

Freedom and kitties

Good news. I escaped. It took nine days of scraping loose a stone from my prison wall before I got through. Then it was simply a matter of lowering myself by my bed sheet and swimming to safety. Now I wear makeup to make my skin look darker, and I said "hola" a lot, and I haven't had any more problems.

Kidnapping aside, this place is really safe. For me, startlingly so: our neighbors don't lock their doors, and people leave their bikes in town without locks, too. Walking around town or on the beach at night is totally cool. Lindsey walks the two miles into town without getting pillaged in any way, although she says she got some interesting cat calls.

Speaking of which, we got some kitties.
Sometimes they are so cute I want to die. They are soft, they purr, and I love them. What's more, they are outside kitties, so they don't get hair on everything and I don't need to buy cat litter. And soon they'll be helping out with the food. In fact, tonight one of them caught his first mouse. I could not be more proud.

4 comments:

  1. AWwwwwwwwww that is dangerously cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are still enjoying your Uruguayan experience. It is funny to see you become the proud parent of two kittens and that you are so hands-on with teaching them how to hunt! You are a good man Jonathan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Jonathan!!! We hope you have a great day today and know that we are thinking and praying for you. ~The Pledgers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jonathan, sorry to contact you out of the blue like this...I was wondering what website you found your current job on? I have a friend who has kids and needs to work from home. Any advice would be great! We hope that you are doing all right in Uruguay. Thanks, Jon P.

    ReplyDelete