I've been here about 24 hours and enough has happened already to keep me blogging indefinitely. I am pictured here on my lovely rooftop patio with the friendly neighborhood dog, Lobo. He's taken quite a liking to us. The view is gorgeous, and last night we fell asleep to the sound of ocean waves.I'm amazed by all the things that are different, but I'm just as amazed at what's the same. I hear Play That Funky Music White Boy in the grocery store, cars are made by Ford and GMC, and I can buy things like Pringles and Coca Cola, albeit with Spanish words printed all over them. On the other hand, everything from houses to cars to toilet paper rolls are smaller, more people drive mopeds than cars, I have yet to see a clock and am still not sure what time it is, and milk comes in a plastic bag.
I can and will expound on these things and more, but for now I'll leave you with a picture of the receipt I got from the market today.
Seriously J and L, you inspire me. I want to be you. No jokes, no kidding. I wish we could visit you there. Cannot wait to follow along! Loves!
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys made it safe, found shelter, food, and a dog.
ReplyDelete-S!
Seriously, since when do all those numbers equal 80? Isn't math the same in every country? 1+1 = 2...right? Can't wait to read more! Rian
ReplyDeleteThe last of the three numbers added is 19, not 79. It all makes sense that way.
ReplyDeleteWould you believe that we used to get milk in plastic bags in Canada?
ReplyDeleteThe place looks awesome! We hope that the two of you and Lobo have a great time at the house! J & N P.
ReplyDelete